Joint Replacement Services We Offer
During joint replacement, your provider will remove some or all of the damaged joint. Total joint replacement substitutes the damaged joint with an artificial joint, known as a prosthesis. The prosthesis is meant to function in the same manner as the original healthy joint. By utilizing the skill set and expertise of our 6 orthopedic surgeons, we offer the following joint replacement procedures:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopies
- Knee Osteotomies
- Operative Fixation for Knee Fractures
- Partial Hip Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Revision of Hip Replacements
- Conversion of Previous Surgery to Hip Replacements
- Operative Fixation for Hip Fractures
- Hip Osteotomies
- Hip Fusions
- Prosthetic Replacement for Hip Fracture
- Total Shoulder Replacements
- Partial Shoulder Replacements
- Operative Fixation of Proximal Humeral Fractures
At times, before your provider will recommend a joint replacement, they may first try reduce symptoms using a non-surgical method. In cases where these conservative methods prove ineffective, or in the case there your condition warrants surgery, your provider will discuss your surgical options with you. Paris Orthopedics offers both minimally-invasive and open surgery options.
- Non-Surgical Treatment Methods: Prior to a joint replacement, your physician may recommend treating your condition with one of the following:
- Physical therapy
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Cortisone injections
- Minimally-Invasive Procedures; When possible, the providers at Paris Orthopedic prefer to use minimally-invasive joint replacement procedures. Minimally-invasive joint replacement procedures include joint realignment, ligament reconstruction, and arthroscopy, which are performed through tiny incisions.The benefits of minimally-invasive surgery include a quicker and easier recovery, in most cases. Through the use of advanced techniques and tools, most minimally invasive surgeries are able to be performed as outpatient procedures, meaning you get to go home the same day.
- Open Surgical Procedures: In certain cases, your provider may recommend an open surgical procedure for your joint replacement. If this is the case, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands. Our surgeons goal is to restore the joint function and improve mobility and they always have your best interests in mind.
When to Visit a Doctor
If you have been experiencing joint pain, it is wise to be evaluated by a professional. Our providers will identify and diagnose the source of your pain and recommend proper treatment options.
Learn More About Paris Orthopedics
If you are ready to say goodbye to joint pain once and for all, schedule an appointment with Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine today. Our providers look forward to alleviating your pain and increasing your quality of life. Contact us today to learn more.