If you have been living with shoulder pain, it is time to schedule an appointment with the shoulder experts at Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. There are many underlying causes for shoulder pain, such as pain stemming from the neck, surrounding ligaments and tendons, or the shoulder joint itself. In order to determine the source of your pain, an evaluation is warranted.
Shoulder Conditions We Treat
At Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, shoulder pain is a common complaint we hear among patients. For this reason, we specialize in treating an assortment of shoulder conditions, such as:
- Labral Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Dislocation
- SLAP Tear
Through a combination of non-surgical, minimally-invasive, and open surgical procedures, the shoulder experts at Paris Orthopedics are dedicated to diagnosing and treating your shoulder pain. When possible, conservative methods are always the first choice amongst our providers.
- Non-Surgical Treatment Methods: Before surgery is recommended, our providers opt to try a non-surgical treatment method to eliminate your shoulder pain, such as:
- Cortisone Injections
- Ice and heat application
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical therapy.
- Minimally-Invasive Procedures: If non-invasive measures fail to produce results, your provider may suggest a minimally-invasive procedure to help eliminate your pain. At Paris Orthopedics, we utilize the latest technology and tools to provide our patients with the most advanced non-invasive surgical options available, such as shoulder arthroscopy. Through the use of minimally invasive techniques, most patients are able to return home the same day. Additionally, recovery time is much less than that of invasive shoulder surgeries of the past.
- Open Surgical Procedures: In more serious cases, open surgery may be necessary. However, if a more invasive surgery is recommended, the shoulder experts at Paris Orthopedics will take excellent care of you and have you back to yourself in no time.
When To Visit a Doctor For Shoulder Pain
In most cases, shoulder pain should resolve on its own with time. However, if your pain is the result of an injury to the shoulder or if it persists longer than a few days, it is best to be evaluated by a professional. Please seek medical attention immediately for shoulder pain that accompanies one of the symptoms below:
- Shows signs of infection such as a fever
- Inability to use your arm or carry objects
- Pain that worsens at night
Contact Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Today!
The shoulder experts at Paris Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are dedicated to helping patients live a pain free life. If you have been suffering from shoulder pain, schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable providers today.